Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lola Tapas & Coffeebar


Last week I met up with a dear friend, Alicia, at a restaurant that although not new to the Valley, it was the first time I'd ever been there. And that's sad. Let's face it, I'm a native to AZ, who loves to eat good food and try new restaurants, yet I've never been to this eatery before even though I've heard about it from various people. Well now I have been there. I also found out that I love the place! We met up at a place called Lola Tapas & Coffee bar. If you guessed from their name, this eatery specializes in authentic Spanish taps, coffee and of course...amazing Sangria.

Normally I'm not a fan of the Sangria at most establishments but I trusted my friend on this one, we got the pitcher of Sangria. How could we not get the pitcher with their great special, which they call, "Sangria Siesta". Sangria Siesta is from 5-7pm and a whole pitcher is only $20. It was delicious and best Sangria I have ever had.

I should have taken pictures of each dish, but it was too good, I was too hungry, focusing on catching up with a friend and I just plain forgot. So above is a picture of our table after we devoured the delicious food. (Alicia took this picture as my first attempt was not as pretty/artsy..thanks Ali!)


Once I whipped out my camera phone I was then thinking of other things to take pictures of to capture this fabulous place and I thought they way Alicia was holding her glass of Sangria made a cute heart. Since I loved the Sangria so much, I thought it was a fitting picture to take and I had to share.

This is how the night ended....it was now dark outside, I enjoyed a cup of espresso & the bill was signed.

Thanks Ali for suggesting we go to Lola's...it will be staple whenever I come into town to visit.

Those of you in Arizona or who are going to visit soon, if you don't know about Lola Tapas & Coffee bar, I urge you to go give it a try or if you do know, to go back and give them a visit.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... sangria. Where is it? Need to know for 4/16. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules - it's the 800 block of Camelback (800 East Camelback Rd, Phx, AZ 85014)...right before that AJ's I think. Super easy to find and Sangria is soooo delicious. Only 17 days until 4/16 and you getting to enjoy tax season being over. LMK what you think of Lola's :) xo

    ReplyDelete