Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Seasons change

It's officially Fall in Colorado. Being a native to Arizona until we moved here April 2010, fall was a season I never saw any proof of since leaves don't change colors, it's still way too hot there and there is no time change (ever) in Arizona. Only thing the fall season means to AZ is that you are closer to the Holiday season and slightly cooler weather.....eventually. Colorado has a completely different feeling...starting back in September! I am loving every minute of the official "Fall" season. The leaves started changing colors in September. Now the leaves are all falling on the ground everywhere you look. The other day it was so windy, the wind was blowing leaves at you as if it was rain or snow. It was a first for me to experience that...leaves on the ground and flying towards your car windshield while driving. The weather here is cold. Not too cold or anything to complain about. However MUCH different then Arizona where we just spent almost 10 days. While there, Arizona still had temperatures in the 90's a few of the days we were there....that is like a summer day in Colorado. As soon as a couple days came where the temps dropped to the mid 70's people started busting out their jackets, I on the other hand was wearing tank top dresses and short sleeved tops. Now back in Colorado, I can share what cold is. It's temperatures not to go above 52 during the day, and that possibly drop lower than 30 at night. You don't go outside in flip flops anymore without your toes being cold and you should have some type of light jacket/shell or sweater on now too. A scarf is no longer just for looks but rather a fall necessity. It is something to help keep you warm when the fall wind is blowing like crazy. Just an update and realization on the difference between here & AZ this time of year. And as someone who thought AZ was too hot and was soaking her feet in the in-laws 64 degree pool to cool down, I am happy to be home in Colorado.

I have much to post about from our recent travels in AZ...baby shower, wedding, friends & family. However need to get this week under my belt. Lots of client meetings and catching up on tasks. I'll be back to write soon on our AZ fun. Until then, I wish all of you in AZ for cooler weather and all those in CO to stay warm.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Scarf is a necessity??? NO! :o) Love the leaves falling at you - that happened to us while in Michigan, loved it! Back here in AZ, it's a high of 83, 91 tomorrow and Friday. Then it will cool off a bit for Halloween, thank goodness! Miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, miss you already, too. So great getting to spend so much time with you in AZ. Tell the cute kiddos hi. Enjoy temps in the low 90's....I learned last week, those temps make my feet turn to sausages. :)

    **Update on weather in Denver, high of 51 today with wind, will get down to 27 tonight.

    ReplyDelete