I am a runner. Thanks to my father that is. He is a runner and always has been. I remember going on my first actual "run" with my dad at the age of 5. My father also bought me my first official pair of true running shoes when I was 5. How do I remember that? Because we were running the Turkey Trot at my elementary school when I was in kindergarten. My dad took part in that event with me and we ran it together. My father, being the runner he is, refused to let me run in my normal tennies. If you are going to run, you MUST have the proper shoes. My mom, who is not at all a runner, was not on the same page and remember her reaction wasn't a happy one when my father and I came home with my real running shoes. Needless to say, I have been running ever since.
Running is "my" time. I find distance running to be relaxing and really enjoy it. Even on my not-so-good days. I even ran while preggers. Since we started dating years ago, I ended up getting Jeff into distance running while he got me more involved in sprint drills and interval running. With us both being into running, it was imperative when we found out we were going to add a baby to our family, that we research and get a running stroller. We knew our runs wouldn't stop and we'd need the right stroller for the task so our little guy could go with us.
After all our research, we decided on the BOB Revolution Stroller. My parents actually got it for us (thanks guys). I remember looking at it in the box and waiting for the day when Carter would arrive and we could use it and go for runs together.
We couldn't be happier with our decision of the BOB Revolution as our running stroller. Highly recommend it to any preggers or husbands out there who run or are looking for a great all terrain stroller. We use ours for all our outdoor runs and couldn't be more pleased with it. We also take it to the park when we run sprint drills and do plyometric exercises; it does great on the road, sidewalks, grass, cobblestone and when it's been snowing out side a lot too. And on all the runs, there has only been 1 to date where Carter isn't asleep within the first minute of the run. Needless to say, I think we're all happy with our BOB and definitely recommend it to other families too. Not only is it perfect for running, it is easy to fold up and fits nicely in the trunk of our car and the back of our SUV. The picture on our last post is Carter in his car seat sitting in the BOB before one of our many runs. We're actually off for a run today so thought I would post this very overdue post on our jogging stroller and how much we really love it
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment