Thursday, June 10, 2010

Candy

Probably around October 2009, we were looking through a magazine at home and saw an advertisement for Coconut M&Ms. Yes I typed that correctly, "Coconut M&M's". Since then we set out on a search. Asked around, looked for them wherever we went. Not because we're huge M&M fans by any means (although I do love Peanut M&M's as a rare treat), but because they are rare, we both love coconut, and wanted to try them. Don't you? Even after checking everywhere in AZ, we never found Coconut M&M's. Even asked our friends. No luck with them as they hadn't heard of them either. I started to think that particular magazine ad was a false advertisement. Then it all changed while driving to Colorado for the move. We stopped for a bathroom break and to fill up the car with gas. While inside decide to buy some beef jerky as a little protein treat. Turn the corner on way to register to buy the beef jerky and what do I stumble upon? Coconut M&M's. Yay!!

The Coconut M&Ms...finally

Have you had Coconut M&M's? If so, what did you think of them? Jeff liked them but didn't love them. I thought they were mediocre at best and don't think I ever need to have them again. I maybe had 5 out of the whole bag and was not really impressed. Granted I am not a big chocolate fan. I am very picky about what chocolate I like and will eat. That's just not the type of sweet tooth I have unless I'm feeling chocolate. Anyway, the disappointment came from the "coconut". We both were somewhat disappointed, because there was no flakes or small pieces of coconut, yet fully mixed in, almost like it was a flavoring instead of actual coconut. And they were overly chocolate. They remind me of a plain M&M with slight coconut flavoring. Excited we finally found them and excited I am not missing out on anything. Funny thing is since we found them since moving here, we have seen them at a quite a few stores here as well as our local Costco.

Now like I said above, I'm not a big chocolate fan. However I am a huge sugar, fruity candy person. I love sweet treats such as...Starbursts, Skittles (my favorite), Sour Patch Kids, Gummy Bears, and then Licorice (I know not really a fruity candy). Well the other day we're standing in line at Target or somewhere and Jeff is just looking at the Candy while waiting to check out. He picks up a tube of regular Starbursts. I said something like, "I love Starbursts, wow, it's been a long time." He puts them back but then picks up something that looks like Starbursts again but is in a pink package. Are those Starbursts? What flavor are those? Only the best flavors ever...."FaveReds". I don't know about you, but the Reds/Pinks are my favorite anyway when it comes to Starbursts. Needless to say we bought the FaveReds Starbursts and they were sooooo good!!

Starburst: FaveReds.....yummmy in my tummy


Flavors included: Strawberry (my all time favorite Starburst flavor), Cherry, Fruit Punch & Watermelon. Wow, they were so good. I think it's a great idea to put all the reds together because they are ALL delicious and all my Faves!!

Blog Readers....here are some questions for you. Please feel free to get involved and leave a comment. What is you favorite kind of candy? Do you like chocolate? Have you tried the Coconut M&M's? If so, what did you think? Do you like Starbursts? If so, what is your favorite flavor?

1 comment:

  1. Haha... you know I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings and pick favorites, especially when it comes to candy! ;o) Though, for M&Ms, I'd have to say the Dark Chocolate Peanut!! Starbursts... hmm, I'd have to go with the tropical mix, but if we're going straight original flavors, red. :o)

    ReplyDelete