Are you familiar of Golden Birthdays? Well if not, here is how it is explained online.
“A person's Golden or Grand Birthday, more commonly referred to as their "Lucky Birthday", "Champagne Birthday" or "Star Birthday", occurs when they turn the age of their birth day (e.g., when someone born on the 25th of the month turns 25)”
I just celebrated my Golden Birthday on 4/27! So as you can all guess, I turned 27 this year. I feel somewhat sad for those of you who were born on the 2nd, because unfortunately your Golden was when you were too young to even know there was something more than just simply your birthday every year and how much fun & special it is said to be. It was a fun birthday this year and we still have more celebrating to do this weekend. However on my actual Golden Birthday, Jeff & I went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant (see the last post). Of course before that, I talked to a lot of family & friends, received countless cards, e-mails, text and FaceBook messages, throughout the day. I got the pleasure of Skyping with my parents for 46 minutes that morning. And during that conversation they pointed out the fact that I am exactly half their age this year…crazy. I hadn’t even thought of that before they pointed it out. Received beautiful flowers from Stephane (thank you again)!! This weekend we’re going to go out & celebrate more with our friends Matt & Jenny. I can’t believe I turned 27 this year. I still think of myself as 21. Anyway, my Golden Birthday was awesome and looking forward to celebrating a little bit more this weekend and doing some shopping! I think I’ll be having a glass of Champagne to further celebrate it being my Golden Birthday.
I just celebrated my Golden Birthday on 4/27! So as you can all guess, I turned 27 this year. I feel somewhat sad for those of you who were born on the 2nd, because unfortunately your Golden was when you were too young to even know there was something more than just simply your birthday every year and how much fun & special it is said to be. It was a fun birthday this year and we still have more celebrating to do this weekend. However on my actual Golden Birthday, Jeff & I went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant (see the last post). Of course before that, I talked to a lot of family & friends, received countless cards, e-mails, text and FaceBook messages, throughout the day. I got the pleasure of Skyping with my parents for 46 minutes that morning. And during that conversation they pointed out the fact that I am exactly half their age this year…crazy. I hadn’t even thought of that before they pointed it out. Received beautiful flowers from Stephane (thank you again)!! This weekend we’re going to go out & celebrate more with our friends Matt & Jenny. I can’t believe I turned 27 this year. I still think of myself as 21. Anyway, my Golden Birthday was awesome and looking forward to celebrating a little bit more this weekend and doing some shopping! I think I’ll be having a glass of Champagne to further celebrate it being my Golden Birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment