Thursday, April 29, 2010

I don't think Mother Nature knows what day it is

Life is fabulous and we're enjoying Colorado. Yet, I can't seem to keep track of what the weather in Colorado is doing from what moment to the next. At least I get to rock winter clothes for more than a couple days like I'm used to from what Arizona winters were like. Let's not forget this weather gives me excuse to go buy more coats, jackets & boots as soon as they are back in the stores!!! :)

As much as I'm enjoying the weather keeping me on my toes, having an excuse to pull my hair back in a ponytail, wear flats or my converse, take a cardigan or sweater everywhere, I seriously am curious if Mother Nature knows it is April 29th and tomorrow is April 30th, the last day of April for the year. Reason I ask is because this unpredictable, all over the map, weather we've been experiencing in Colorado is totally new to me (and Jeff). Yesterday weather was sunny, 80 degrees and breezy in the am which turned into windy in the afternoon. The weather has since drastically changed. There are some parts of Colorado that had 7" of snow this morning, our area is not yet seen the snow but have experienced rain off and on with darker skies that fooled me with showing the sun and clearer skies for 1 hour this afternoon...then the rain came right back. It is supposed to storm all weekend like this...snow is said to hit our area of Denver tonight. Don't get me wrong, I am digging it, and love that at least after a storm, clear skies come out of no where and the glorious sun shows its face again. Simply put, this weather is just odd to me. I know I've mentioned this before and to warn you now, it probably won't be the last time it is mentioned in a blog post, especially with what I was told yesterday. We had a house guest last night (our first...more on that in a different post) and he & Jeff both educated me on the weather for May. Word is more snow still to come in May. Oh what?!?! Do you think the Mountains are still open? If it's going to be snowing I think it calls for a ski day A.S.A.P., don't you? Well just another update and what I've been thinking about as I sit at home and work and look out the windows. Back to my work I go.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes - crazy Springs there, it sounds like! Ryan pix messaged me snow today. The high here is like 70, so it's cool, but not that cool! Stay warm... and if you ski, do a run for me, please. :o) xo

    ReplyDelete