These days, I have the intention of blogging often and lots of things I think to blog about. However if I don't put my thoughts in a memo in my blackberry, I can't remember what was so great I needed/wanted to blog about. I am going to blame "pregnancy brain" for my major forgetfulness these past few months as it is sooooooo not like me.
Thankfully while in AZ I did jot down a couple thoughts in my phone while visiting in October. I know there were more things but here is what I wrote down, therefore the things I have to share...
1) AZ is the HOME of vanity license plates. Our friend, Mike M., pointed this out to Jeff & I when he moved to Scottsdale about a year & a half ago from Orlando, FL. I started paying attention at that time and agreed with him. However after living in CO and coming back to visit AZ, I agree more so now then I did. So here it is.....AZ drivers seem to have the MOST personalized vanity license plates over most other states.
2) There were an overabundance of election signs in the ground, EVERYWHERE you looked. Election signs are so much more tamed in Colorado. Thankful for that.
3) It was wayyyyyyy too hot for it to be mid/end of October. Couple days the temps were 98 & 99. That is toooooo hot. Pregnant or not. The weather is generally cooler in October in AZ.
4) Was definitely nice to know how to get anywhere and everywhere without having to use car Navigation.
5) Missed all the beautiful palm trees
6) Didn't miss everything else being a varied shade of tan/brown
7) Enjoyed having In & Out Burger....a couple times. Jeff and I would normally go once a week or else once every other week when we lived in AZ. Definitely miss In & Out burger!
8) Due to the heat, being very active and what seemed like constantly on the go, not to mention a little more humidity in the air, my feet swelled up like sausages a couple of times. Seriously they got soooo big and scary looking. It was gross and very uncomfortable. Nothing a soak in the in-laws 64 degree pool couldn't relieve and take care of
9) Enjoyed running outside and not having an elevation of 5280 or higher to deal with. However that trip was the last time I ran too. Glad was able to get in a couple good runs and thoroughly enjoyed them!
10) Missed our family & friends. Sad we didn't get see everyone we wanted to but was great getting to see, catch up and spend time with those we were able to.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment