Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh so comfortable

We have a new piece of furniture.  Well we have a few, all because of the little man who could literally grace us with his presence any day now (please buddy, mommy is begging you to come out & meet us...let's say, now?!?!).  Anyway, the one piece of furniture we got for his room, that will later go in the office of our house or worst case scenario the basement is a chair.  Not just any chair though, rather a chair that rocks, reclines, is overstuffed & beyond comfy.  This chair is not just comfortable but currently my favorite piece of furniture in our place.  It truly is "Oh so comfortable".  And I'm going to be selfish over it too.  The three reasons I plan on being selfish over the new chair are as follows:  1) It is oh so comfortable and I'd prefer to sit in this chair over any other place or piece of furniture in our house.  2) I plan on sitting in this chair often when I feed, hold or just hang out with our little guy.  3) I am also going to be super cautious of people sitting on it and gauge if I need to possibly tell them to vacate the chair based off what they are wearing and doing since it is a light colored fabric.  How light you ask...very.  That also means no drinks by it other than water.

Back story though on the decision...from the moment we saw this chair, we were going with this one particular pattern.  This pattern however comes in two fabric color choice only, brown or cream.  We were for sure going with the brown.  Not only would it match is room the best but it was a safer color choice for obvious reasons.  From the beginning we also knew which style of chair we were going with, the Tryp.  The color choice all changed one day in October when we were in Scottsdale.  It was all because my mother-in-law and I went to a baby boutique store and viola, I saw one of the chairs with our fabric but in the cream, not brown.  It looked amazing.  After that Jeff and I changed our minds and the decision was made, cream was the color we would go with.  The brown you see was too dark.  We were always a little hesitant over the darkness of the brown, but why would we dare to go with cream.  Then we started analyzing this more...would spit up show more on the dark?  Would such a dark brown go with as much in our house, probably not.  So the decision was made about 5-6 weeks ago, the chair was ordered.  We stuck with the original style of chair we liked from day one as well as the fabric choice, however we changed our mind on the color of fabric and went with the cream instead of brown.  Last Thursday I am happy to share our chair was delivered.  And it really is oh so comfortable (I am currently sitting in it and enjoying every second).  I sit in it often now and love it.  If working from home on my lap top, the time goes by.  Yet no matter how long I am in it, no part of my very pregnant body feels cramping or aches when I get up.  Which is something I can rarely say these days.  Of course, I also tend to not sit in it as much as I would like to or should right now because I'm a nervous nelly over, what happens if my water breaks and I am sitting in this glorious chair.  That would be horrific.  Jeff even asked me the other day why I wasn't sitting in the chair.  I gave him the exact answer, "I am nervous of my water breaking while I am sitting in the chair."  Of course tonight, I am taking my chances because my body is exhausted and aching and this chair is soothing and relaxing right now.

Although totally out of character for us to pick such a light colored fabric, I'm happy with our choice and simply going to be cautious mama over this piece of furniture.  Of course do we expect it to always stay this clean and nice?  No, not at all.  We'd be fooling ourselves if we did.  We're about to have a kid, a little boy, so we're not expecting anything to be kept how we are used to things being.  Which will be good for us to relax a little and not fret.  Things are going to get dirty.  That is inevitable.  And it is only a chair, a piece of furniture.  It can always be reupholstered or covered up.  Besides I'm a huge klutz and I'm sure I will be the first to leave a mark and get a stain on the chair, not Jeff and not our son.

Anyone pregnant out there and looking for a chair for your nursery?  If so, I highly suggest the brand "Best Home Furnishings" and the "Story time Series" of chairs.  I know a couple other people who have chosen chairs from this same series and all are happy with their chairs too.  Check them out some time: http://www.besthf.com/

I would post a picture however that would mean I would need to take one with my camera, upload it and then add to this post.  So I don't put that off, you'll just have to take my word.  It's the Tryp, in cream and it's comfy!  Besides I don't want to remove myself from the chair right now to take the photo.  Maybe you'll see a photo of it in a future post.

Until then I'm off to search the Internet and keep relaxing in this oh so comfy chair.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment